Monday, March 16, 2009



So I recently bought some gauche paint. A form of watercolour that is very opaque. What does this mean? It can blend real pretty like watercolour, but can also be made to look ultra realistic (with skills of course).
Speaking of skills, the one man that showed painting in gauche (or watercolour) was not reserved for little old retired grandmas at the park. Yes, I am speaking of Mr.Alex Fucking Ross. The only person to make superheroes in their crazy pedophile-inspired tights look photo-realistic. When I was a kid and saw his work, it inspired me to start using watercolour. it wasn't until years later that I realized most of the paintings Ross did was actaully made with gauche, not watercolour.

So recently, I was fortunate enough to get my hands on some really high end Winsor and Newton Gouache (Thanks Amy). I'll tell you, gauche paint is a lot like an expensive handjob, costs a lot more, but worth every stroke.

5 comments:

  1. You're welcome! I can't wait to see the results.

    PS: I like your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex Ross is amazing. As far as I'm concerned, he's the only person who should be handling Superman and Batman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When have you ever gotten an expensive handjob?

    ReplyDelete
  4. cost doesn't always have to be a direct exchange of money.

    ReplyDelete